Sunday, 8 April 2012

The Vergers Coffee Morning

Even though I was working yesterday -I managed to dash into church and take a few photographs of The Vergers [ Alan`s ] Coffee morning for MND [ and buy some raffle tickets on the way out I might add !! ]- thought it would be nice to share them all with you. I was very touched that he had gone to so much trouble , isn`t this cake beautifully iced ? Alan`s sister had made it [put mine to shame -I didn`t even try and ice mine !!] They had decided to use it as part of one of the raffle prizes . My sister contributed to the raffle by making one of her hampers- as was well as decorating some window ledges at the back of the church...

I thought this one is lovely

The ladies are very professional and good at what they do!

The colours used this time of year are lovely and fresh -we are lucky The Parish Church has such pretty window ledges and the stained glass makes for a lovely back drop on a sunny day,


The coffee morning raised £260.37 for The Motor Neurone Disease Association -a fantastic result ! Thank you to everyone involved-we really appreciate it- and a special thank you to Alan
for still thinking of Andrew and raising much needed awareness for this charity.

4 comments:

Elaine said...

The flowers look wonderful, so does the church. Beautiful cake - I bet raffle tickets sold well! Happy Easter.

Jim said...

I would LOVE to have the recipe for that icing! Looks perfect and as if it was poured on!
The flower arrangements are very pretty and really have a presence in the church.
Nice job by all!

Terry said...

Very talented ladies! The flowers are lovely, and that cake, my gosh!

Diane said...

That looks like a lovely event and what a fab cake!!! Hope you are keeping well Janet. Sending you lots of love xxxx