Monday 2 January 2012

Taking a dip for Andrew


Well Done Elizabeth !! I hope you have warmed up by now - you were fantastic !

You can find out how Elizabeth got on - by clicking on this link and reading all about her New Years Day Swim [ see the last post - A drop in the ocean ] to raise awareness and funds for the Motor Neurone Disease Association which she completed in memory of Andrew.

Her blog is called.... Well,This Isn`t gettin` T`Ens Fed Please pop by and read her post -she writes beautifully.

8 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

I always think people are very brave doing this dips for charity. It wasn't as cold over here as they didn't have to break that much ice to get into the water!!

Rather them than me though!

Gill in Canada

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

What a great lady. Her deeds and words are inspiring.

Elaine said...

That takes some doing, what a wonderful woman!

Sharon said...

I couldn't do that myself, although I used to take fast "baths" in the lake when there was still ice in the middle of the lake. This was when I was a kid and we didn't have plumbing. Yep, it's cold!

Anonymous said...

I read her post earlier...she IS fantastic! Bravo to Elizabeth!

Terry said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe she was in that water 20 minutes! Yikes!

It's really wonderful. her support of Andrew.

Elizabeth said...

It was an absolute privilege, Janet. x

Sisters of the Blog said...

Well done, indeed! Loved the outfit.

megan