Tuesday 30 November 2010

A Royal Refusal ! but a nice one !



The other week I decided I would write a letter to HRH The Princess Royal, She is patron of the motor neurone disease association , so with that in mind I thought it about time she received an up to date and very sexy mnd charity wristband ! My sister and I did have a giggle writing the letter with all the things you could write but dare not ! Like a request for a photograph wearing the band- maybe send in a photo of just a wrist ?- you could turn your ring round or take off your watch if you do not want to recognized was one comment we came up with [ I know we are sad ] or could you leave a message of support for Andrew was another it would be lovely to have the first royal blogger [huh ?] We knew we would get a very polite refusal- but one that arrived in an envelope marked and stamped Buckingham Palace ! that alone was worth the effort-I smiled to myself as I bent down to pick it up off the hall floor wondering what my cheeky chap of a postman made of that envelope, mission accomplished ! An M.N.D. band made it to Buckingham palace !

9 comments:

John Going Gently said...

I think this is a cracking vindication of your work and I think you should frame this letter and put it up in the toilet so when you sit on the throne you can be reminded of all the good work that you have done!

Louise said...

You know, it's very nice that you got a response, and so promptly. I, too, think you should frame it, but, unlike John, I think you should put it in a more stately spot than the toilet.

ann said...

Oh Jan, thats fabulous.Her wrist is just out of sight I am sure she is wearing her band xx

Nekkid Chicken said...

Yeah, Why is her arms behind her back? Makes one wonder --- perhaps she is sporting said sexy wrist adornment.

Manchester Lass, Now and Then said...

You're a star Janet, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I love John's idea about reading the letter whilst on your throne:) I'm wondering what other ideas you have up your sleeve♥ Linda xxx

Jim said...

This is just as good! Janet, you are certainly spreading the word about MNB. Keep it going as you have more to gain than not! Good work.
Jim

Terry said...

That's the nicest refusal I ever read!

Gill - That British Woman said...

that was nice of her office to actually reply. I have to say she is one of my favourite Royals.

Well done on making the effort!!

Gill in Canada

Sharon said...

This is really great Janet! A lot of times, letters are never even read, much less responded to! You gave it a great shot!

XXX